Thursday, March 3, 2011

The bathing suit

Well, I had to buy a new bathing suit.  Horrible thought!

First I went to Dillard's and got one of the real expensive ones with the underwires in the bra and all that stuff and went and tried it on.  It was awful!  I would rather appear naked!  At least when you're naked the rolls of flesh kind of smooth out - this suit made me look as if I was made of multiple sausage rings!   Or like the Michelin man.

After that I was going to just give up and sit in the sun wearing shorts and a halter top - or maybe an artfully draped sarong.  However, I decided to go to Steinmart.

I tried on several tankini parts, pretty unstructured and in different sizes, and guess what?  I didn't look too bad.  Plus I had seen the same suit pieces at Dillard's for twice the price!!!

With a black skirted bottom....not too shabby!  To the beach...

1 comment:

  1. I can't even remember the last time I wore a bathing suit. I am pretty sure it was elementary school.
    You are my hero.

    ReplyDelete